The Past 33 Years...
I got on the scale recently to find that I am heavier now, than I was when I was 9 months pregnant, 9 years ago. Please note, this did not come as a shock to me. Every time I get dressed, I am disgusted with how I look and long for a year ago when I felt sexy and a little more secure. So, I decided to make a change. I went online and order the supplements needed for the Standard Process Purification Process. (https://www.standardprocess.com/Standard-Process/Purification-Program). This 21 day cleanse consists of two phases. Phase 1: Day 1-8 21 pills, 2 shakes, and a 2 vegetable to 1 fruit serving ratio. Phase 2: Day 8-21, 19 pills, 2 shakes, 4 oz of lean protein added to 2 meals a day and a vegetable to 1 fruit serving ratio. It may sound drastic. Especially when I have been trying to stick to a body builder's diet for the last year. However, I completed this cleanse 5 years ago, and felt fantastic. I only lost 8 lbs on it, while most participants lose 15 lbs. But, my clothes were alot bigger and I FELT healthier. So, by now you are wondering, what the title of my post has to do with the subject matter discussed. I will be turning 33 in April of this year. Like most women, each year I make promises to myself, to improve myself and I never keep them. However, this year I am committed to loving myself and being someone my daughter can look up to. Please stay tuned for my progress.
For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: 'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' And whenever the answer has been 'No' for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.Steve Jobs
No comments:
Post a Comment